Sunday, August 3, 2008

His Power In Our Weakness

II Corinthians 4:8-10 We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.
  • Do you ever find yourself thinking I just can't do this anymore? I can't make it through this night or situation, whatever it is. And yet somehow the sun always comes up and you are still there. You did the thing you thought was impossible. The line is a fine one, but always perfectly drawn. Tested, stretched, put under pressure, and yet never more than we can handle with the grace of God.
II Corinthians 12:8-10 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
  • His power is made perfect in weakness. How is this possible? When we have come to the end of ourselves, when there is no way we could possibly do what needs to be done, and yet we do. There is no doubt that it is God's work and not ours.

II Corinthians 4:5-7 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.

  • I am so thankful God does not tell us to be strong, but rather to depend on His strength.

Romans 16:25-27

Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith— to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen.

1 comment:

Ana said...

What reminders! What wonderful, wonderful reminders!