Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Kickin' Birthday Weekend

This weekend had a couple notable events taking place. The first was the Upper Midwest Kickboxing Championships. The picture to the left is my 1st place plaque. Although I was the only one in my age division so I only had to beat me. :) But it was fun, and I'm looking forward to the next competition when there will hopefully be a few more people competing.
The other notable event was my birthday. That's right I am now 24yrs old. Although I still feel 16. My Dad, brothers, sister-in-law, and my nieces and nephew all made it up to celebrate my birthday and watch the competition. My nieces loved the kickboxing, and tried out a few punches and kicks afterward. And my oldest brother Joe was even brave enough to try a kickboxing class with me. My sister-in-law sent me a picture of me and Joe in the class. She named it "Sarah scares me." I can't imagine why ;).---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------It was a fun day from beginning to end. After kickboxing and some time at the park, we all had some food and rootbeer floats at my apartment. Followed by some time at the hotel pool and hotub, and we had an ice cream birthday cake. I thoroughly ruined my diet for the day, but hey what are birthdays for? And I even got to hear my nephew Charlie sing"happy birfday dear Sarwah." So cute. Video of competition http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=294xyRRbVzs

No comments: